When was the last time you had your tanks cleaned?
Safe drinking water is vital for the good health of you and your family, as well as for friends and visitors who visit your home.
If your water comes from a mains supply, your water safety is monitored by your local authority. If your water comes from a water collection tank, it is up to you to keep your water safe.
Would you like your water tank cleaned and sanitised?
Call Travis or Rachel on
07 552 4333
CALL 07 552 4333 OR CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO:
Tanks should be inspected annually and cleaned if necessary, but tank cleaning should ideally be carried out by tank-cleaning contractors.
Tank water may be collected from:
- rain off the roof
- natural water, for example, from streams or lakes
- a bore (a deep hole in the ground)
- a spring.
Water supplies from all these sources can very easily become unsafe. For example:
- roof water may be corrosive, or may become contaminated from ash, dust, agricultural spraying or bird or possum droppings
- river or stream water and shallow bore water and springs may contain harmful germs or chemicals or be discoloured and unpleasant to taste
- bore water can contain harmful chemicals and can be hard and corrosive.
If you are unsure about the quality of your water, have it tested in a recognised laboratory.
Water contamination can cause illness (diarrhoea and vomiting) which can be particularly dangerous for infants, very old people or people with damaged immune systems.